Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Peter & Karen


To date, this is my personal favourite wedding photo shoot. Sure there will be some bias in it due to the fact that I was given 3 hours for the creative shoot, but more then that, the couple just seemed to give off a creative energy, which truly inspired me to push myself as an artist. The wedding took on the 25th January 2014, at Kearsney Manor.

Inside information for couples that are planning their big day:
Unfortunately not all couples realise that they give off a certain energy, or aura, that can ultimately produce great photos, or extraordinary photos. Peter and Karen are the perfect example of a "photographic" couple for the following reasons: they planned well, they gave me enough time to work with, they did not show any signs of fatigue or boredom, they booked a beautiful location with many different areas offering great photo opportunities, they were open to all of my requests - no matter how crazy, and the list goes on. I obviously realise that not all couples are keen on sparing 3 hours for the creative shoot, however there are tactful ways of working around making guests wait. This information is purely for bridal-couples-to-be to start planning early and to be realistic with results. No planning equals no expectations, and no guarantee of satisfaction with the end result. I obviously don't expect couples to start from scratch, so what I have done is I have created a tips list, for future brides to channel their effort into. After being apart of as many weddings as I have, I have noted where mistakes are made, and where strengths lye. This list is exclusive to couples that hire me, as all photographers have their own way of doing things, and this is why it is so important to choose the appropriate photographer, rather than to try to get a photographer to shoot in a style that is unnatural to them. 

I hope that this information helps you in some way with your planning. All the best!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment